Business Development Specialist
“We innovate kitchens with robotics and contribute to resolving the worker shortage problem in the food industry”
The food industry in Japan is facing a serious shortage of workers. In fact, many restaurants close down because they can’t find enough people to work for them. Some try to shorten business hours to remedy this, but we all need a more fundamental solution to the problem.
Our robots are saviors to the industry. In Connected Robotics, we develop robotic systems to help people cook and wash dishes in restaurants and homes.
As a business development specialist, you will be in charge of business development in general. Your role will include the following:
- Project management for newly developed robots
- Customer relationship and schedule management
- Building strategies and scalable business models
- Opening new stores and managing/supervising sales figures
- Supporting delivery of robots
- Building customer success department and supporting customers
- Managing our financial figures and annual schedules
- Patent filing
- Acting as a media outlet
We aim to grow our business as RaaS (Robotics as a Service). Unlike the conventional way to sell robots with an integrated system, we rent out our robots as service packages like SaaS in software field. Sales is not over when we deliver the robot, nor is it just about updates and maintenances; it’s important that we accompany our customers, caring if their revenue has also increased from the introduction of our robots.
Nokodai Tama Koganei Venture Port 2-24-16
Nearest station: JR Higashi-Koganei station (7 mins. by walk)
Will be determined according to experience, background, skills and abilities of the candidate.
- Minimum 118 days off work annually, including weekends and 14 special paid leaves
* Japanese national holidays are working days in our office, but instead we offer 14 special paid days off on top of regular annual paid leaves. Unlike other developed countries, it's rare to find companies that let you take longer vacations in Japan, but we chose this system because we want our employees to rest well.
* 10 annual paid leaves will be added on top of the above days once you've worked here for more than 6 months. The number of these annual paid leaves will also increase as you stay with us longer.
- Commuting expenses covered (a max. limit applies)
- Social insurances covered
- Rent assistance available (Owned houses are excluded. Some restrictions may apply.)
- Unlimited Takoyaki and soft serve available during development periods
- Gym and pool in front of the office (200JPY/h)
- Pick any computer you like for your job
- Free coffee
Skills, experiences and knowledge
- Speed in execution
- Coordination, planning skills
- Spirit to carry through
- Good command of the English language
Who you are
Curious, patient and creative, always eager for improvements.
You’d be a perfect match if you are from the following background(s)
- Mechanics/electrics/information technology
- Electrical/automobile/robot manufacturing
- Business development/executive
- Native in Japanese (JLPT N1)
- Excellent command of the English language as you will work with your colleagues in English
- Casual interview
- Skill and aptitude evaluation
- Reference check
- Final interview
How to apply
Please apply from the link below.