In Connected Robotics, we develop robotic systems that cook or do dishes, trying to reduce the workload in restaurant/home kitchens. As a UI/UX Engineer, your role is to design and transform the robots into something fun, exciting and easy-to-use for general users.
Our “end users” include both people working in restaurants and people who purchase food that are prepared by the robots. Robots should be as simple-to-operate and easy-to-use as possible for users in kitchens, while giving more fun and exciting purchase experiences for general consumers.
What you’ll do
- Develop efficient and easy-to-use user interface, with users in restaurants and factories first in mind
- Distinguish human actions from robotic processes and design workflows
- Create efficient and effective flows to check system functions
- Determine necessary functions and implement them
- Develop UX to make spaces shared between humans and robots more creative and entertaining
- Provide mutual communication between general consumers and robots
Robot technologies have gotten quite popular around the globe. As we also aim to expand our business overseas in the future, our office is international and diverse in age and gender. We look for UI/UX Engineers eager to work on new and challenging projects with us in this environment!
Nokodai Tama Koganei Venture Port 2-24-16
Nearest station: JR Higashi-Koganei station (7 mins. by walk)
Will be determined according to experience, background, skills and abilities of the candidate.
- Minimum 118 days off work annually, including weekends and 14 special paid leaves
* Japanese national holidays are working days in our office, but instead we offer 14 special paid days off on top of regular annual paid leaves. Unlike other developed countries, it's rare to find companies that let you take longer vacations in Japan, but we chose this system because we want our employees to rest well.
* 10 annual paid leaves will be added on top of the above days once you've worked here for more than 6 months. The number of these annual paid leaves will also increase as you stay with us longer.
- Commuting expenses covered (a max. limit applies)
- Social insurances covered
- Rent assistance available (Owned houses are excluded. Some restrictions may apply.)
- Unlimited Takoyaki and soft serve available during development periods
- Gym and pool in front of the office (200JPY/h)
- Pick any computer you like for your job
- Free coffee
Skills, experiences and knowledge
- Deep knowledge in and understanding of UI/UX
- Perspective and skills required to achieve user-centric design and experience
- Knowledge to make tools used in restaurants and food factories more efficient and easier to use
- Basic knowledge in multilingual adaptation/localization
Who you are
Curious, patient and creative, always eager for improvements.
- Native in Japanese (JLPT N1)
- Excellent command of the English language as you will work with your colleagues in English
- Casual interview
- Skill and aptitude evaluation
- Reference check
- Final interview
How to apply
Please apply from the link below.