Robotics Hardware Development Manager
In Connected Robotics, we develop robotic systems that cook or do dishes, trying to reduce the workload in restaurant/home kitchens. As a Robotics Hardware Development Manager you will be in charge of managing overall development of the robots and their quality assurance.
Although we use pre-manufactured robots and mainly develop applications/systems, you will still need various skills to be able to complete your tasks. Robotics Hardware Development Manager is required to have expertise in mechanics, electronics and information technologies to design, implement and operate the systems.
What you’ll do
* Please note that we will use pre-manufactured robots for our purposes, so there will be no development or manufacturing of robots involved.
- Effectively working with and supporting engineer teams, manage overall processes from defining specs, creating development plans to successful delivery of products to clients. (This includes choosing suppliers, creating system specification, evaluating prototypes, managing development processes, etc.)
- Efficiently execute each process from prototyping to commercializing the product, taking cost, quality and regulations into consideration.
- To enhance quality of products, manage, improve and perform tests on both hardware and software of the system.
- Design and create parts like grippers and jigs necessary for tasks in kitchens. (Use of 3DCAD and printers will be involved)
- Design electric systems for robots to properly function
We are looking applications from those of you who love making things, have experience in building machines or have been involved in production processes in factories!
Nokodai Tama Koganei Venture Port 2-24-16
Nearest station: JR Higashi-Koganei station (7 mins. by walk)
Will be determined according to experience, background, skills and abilities of the candidate.
- Minimum 118 days off work annually, including weekends and 14 special paid leaves
* Japanese national holidays are working days in our office, but instead we offer 14 special paid days off on top of regular annual paid leaves. Unlike other developed countries, it's rare to find companies that let you take longer vacations in Japan, but we chose this system because we want our employees to rest well.
* 10 annual paid leaves will be added on top of the above days once you've worked here for more than 6 months. The number of these annual paid leaves will also increase as you stay with us longer.
- Commuting expenses covered (a max. limit applies)
- Social insurances covered
- Rent assistance available (Owned houses are excluded. Some restrictions may apply.)
- Unlimited Takoyaki and soft serve available during development periods
- Gym and pool in front of the office (200JPY/h)
- Pick any computer you like for your job
- Free coffee
Skills, experiences and knowledge
- Experience in product commercialization and management skills to lead teams (Skills include problem solving, structural thinking and communication)
- Knowledge in hardware design and production operation processes
- Experience with 3DCAD like Fusion 360, 3D printers and sheet metal design
- Experience in electrical circuit design, circuit board design, ordering printed circuit boards and implementation of these
- Experience in designing hardware/devices for kitchen or food factories
- Basic understanding of software necessary to operate the products, like Linux or ROS
- Experience in robot integration
Who you are
Curious, patient and creative, always eager for improvements.
- Native in Japanese (JLPT N1)
- Excellent command of the English language as you will work with your colleagues in English
- Casual interview
- Skill and aptitude evaluation
- Reference check
- Final interview
How to apply
Please apply from the link below.